- This event has passed.
Joint 5G EVE – 5G-TOURS Demo Webinar
3 December 2020 | 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CET
Vertical Sector Use Case Trials on the 5G EVE Platform
The purpose of the webinar on 3rd December 2020 was to explain and demonstrate how 5G EVE as platform provider and 5G-TOURS as vertical use case project using the 5G EVE platform are collaborating. The webinar addressed what have been the challenges and achievements, and what other use case projects and SMEs can learn from the experiences gained.
In the webinar, we demonstrated vertical sector use cases by 5G-TOURS as examples of the collaboration, including the progress made and the lessons learned.
We demonstrated 5G-enabled applications for the following three vertical sector use cases:
- Transportation: Smart parking in Athens International Airport.
- Tourism: Augmented tourism experience.
- Health: Teleguidance for diagnostics and intervention support.
We showed how these applications are deployed as trials in 5G-TOURS and how their performance is tested and validated in close cooperation with 5G EVE.
- Welcome and introduction – Manuel Lorenzo, Ericsson (Technical Manager of 5G EVE)
- Collaboration between 5G EVE and 5G-TOURS – Belkacem Mouhouche, Samsung (Technical Manager of 5G-TOURS)
- Demo 1: Smart parking in Athens International Airport – Evangelos Kosmatos, WINGS
- Demo 2: Augmented tourism experience – Enrique Quirós, Atos
- Demo 3: Teleguidance for diagnostics and intervention support – Ian Hay, Orange
- Wrap-up – Manuel Lorenzo, Ericsson